My Blog Search Engine

Custom Search

Friday, August 8, 2008

A Doctor I will be...



Ever since I was a child, quite young,

I was treated by a Doctor with sweet pills & an even sweeter tongue.

Fascinated, I was by the aura and personality of that Doctor, what a lovely man!

Except for my dear parents, He was the only one who said, “I will help you all I can.”

Since then I had decided,

A Doctor I will be...

School was fun and for Science I always had a keen interest,

Academics were my forte and I scored well in every test.

Said the Teacher to my mother, “your son has a future very bright...

Tedious higher education he shall grace, with the target he has in sight.”

To myself I smiled and said,

A Doctor I can be...

Crucial is the choice to be made for a career,

H.S.C., C.E.T., P.C.B. plenty are the barriers

Vast were the options, but my intentions were clear,

Life, mankind & humanity, to me, were very dear.

Once again I decided firmly,

A Doctor I want to be...

In a prestigious Medical College, I managed to secure admission,

From then on, like a soldier, started my tough rigorous mission.

Books heavier than small babies & more than the number of bones in the body,

Exams, Vivas, tests every month, gruelling work hours, with so much to memorize & study.

For the first time I felt,

A Doctor could I be?

Expenses were high, fees, books and everything costs a lot,

But just about my dream, my ambition I gave a thought.

Then about the taxing days and skipped meals I did not bother,

To put in my best and withstand the bloody mess, my courage and energy, somehow I did gather.

Said I to myself, reassuringly,

A Doctor I shall be

Kidney rackets, molestation, over charging, negligence and many such accusations flew,

The Noble profession was maligned and noble were left only a few.

A the peak of youth, my friends in other fields were earning in lakhs,

And I, a negative contributor to the family income, was burdened with a heavy heart and back.

Sadly, but surely, a doubt crept in my mind,

A Doctor should I be?

But then I think about a child’s sweet innocent smile & an old man’s satisfied face.

Ah! The sheer pleasure of treating a disease and the origin of a problem finally trace.

Defiant as a warrior you stand, with your arsenal equipped.

Cure for you is the only Victory, your intentions in purity should be dipped.

Being a Doctor is all about spiritual satisfaction, not materialistic gains.

Sure, it is a tough life, but who said there is success without pains.

Thus, I swore

A Doctor I will be...!!!

- Dr. Suraj A. Dhirwani.
Intern, C.M.P.H.M.C.
Penned down on 29.07.2008


"The Scalpel is just a better Knife..." - Dr. Suraj A. Dhirwani.


2 comments:

Kruti said...

Amazing one! the struggle of a doctor, the fear, hard work, confusion, pride, fame & the responsibility everything covered in one poem. great job!

Dr. Suraj A. Dhirwani said...

Thanks Kruti, I know, so many things that we go through, but it just touches & changes our life forever....

Ratings

CopyRight Protected

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Original Work by Dr. Suraj A. Dhirwani

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape