there is nothing called Destiny, or rather chose not to believe in the concept of it.
Well, answer me this:
How come a guy:
- who is reasonably good looking, (infact resembles a guy who is considered a demi-god)
- who has a good height, above average physique
- manages to dance quite smoothly
- can definitely express something by his face (unlike some other famous National Award winning actors)
- has a big time producer for a Father
- landed up not one by TWO films with one of the topmost heroines
- had some extremely HIGH Budget & Expensive movies produced for him (Love Story 2050 & Victory)
- did a vast variety of roles (futuristic, common confused guy next door, cricketing super star)
- had a battery of famous international cricketing stars roped in a movie revolving entirely around him
- had one the best & most successful epic directors make a film with him & ended up giving his 1st flop in all these years (Ashutosh Gowariker)
- had Priyanka Chopra playing one of her Career Best & extremely fantastic performances (Whats your Rashee?)
- had all movies supported by reasonably good music & scripts (unlike many others produced)
- has not had any major controversies, bad press or unnecessary publicity stunts to his credit
& YET, has been regaled by the audience to a long lost memory corner, while many others, definitely not as capable as him are still lingering around on the screen !
What is the reason behind this 'logic defying' outcome of a career ?
Numerology? Wrong publicity agent? Did not feed the right mouths? Stayed too honest & truthful ? Luck? Destiny ? .......................
Comments & Observations are welcome ...
Its just a thought that crossed my mind .... not that I have a preference or any soft corners, just a passing thought ...
P.S. I really DID like Whats you Rashee & yes I have seen all his films, they are not really fantastic, but I have also seen WORSE films than those.