While most of us were eagerly awaiting this:
Registrations for the Mumbai Marathon 2014 (to be held on 19th January 2014)
are going to begin on :
19th July 2013.
2 days from now.
This is the website: http://www.procamrunning.in/scmm/
While usually I handle the registrations for everyone, the last 2 years,
the organizers have made it extremely tough for 1 person to sit and make that many transactions,
at the same time they have also made it simpler and easier for genuine runners to participate.
FIRST timers (MALES): PLEASE make sure you try ASAP. From 19th morning 10 am. There is NO prediction when the registrations may close.
First time - female participants: No worries, there is always a Women quota and everyone gets through that.
Those who have participated anytime in the last 2 years:
Be ready with:
- Date of Birth
- Contact Number
- Emergency Contact number + Details
- Govt. recognized ID proof : PAN card, Driving License, Passport etc. SCANNED and less than 100 kb in size
- Your passport photo : again scanned & less than 100 kb in size
- Your last year's TIMING certificate : available on their website to download.
- Payment via Credit card, debit card or netbanking. (They have been steadily hiking up their charges - it was a 954 Rs. last year)
That's all I can recollect from last year's experience.
I will surely be registering on Friday morning. If any updates I shall definitely post here.
ALL THE BEST !
& let me know if you decide to run.